Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fall is here!

Hi everyone! My favorite time of the year is finally here. It's FALL! And so many great things have happened since my last update.
For example: Fall scented candles are now in every inch of our home!
Mulberry, Apple Cinnamon, and my favorite: Pumpkin Pie!
 
 
I got these at Michael's for 3 for $10! Best purchase I've made. I also bought this wreath for our front door because I am just too darn busy to make my own! It was also only like ten bucks from Michaels!

 

 
 
 
               Then of course I had to buy some cute sparkly pumpkins for our entertainment center:
 
 
I love fall! Did I say that already? Anyways. Another exciting announcement that most people already know about is that I transferred jobs and am now working as a Medical Assistant at Intermountain Family Practice! (It's in the same building as Instacare on River Road, and we're getting our very own building Spring of 2013!) And I LOVE it! I just finished my second week there. I'll be working for Dr. Spanos, who is awesome. I've been training and doing rooming for several doctors and doing TONS and TONS of flu shots. I didn't think I was going to enjoy poking people so much! If you're not sure what a medical assistant does, the answer is easy. They do EVERYTHING. I knew it was going to be a lot of hard work but I still had no idea how much they do! Next time you go to the doctors office, smile at the MA who rooms you! I have a whole new appreciation for them. We room all the patients, get everything ready for them and the doctor, do all the vaccinations and other shots, all the paperwork, call in prescriptions and so much more. All of the girls I work with are so sweet and they work so hard. I can look up to each and every one of them and I respect them so much! I love Family Practice because they really are like a family. I've never felt so accepted so quickly and I'm just already so proud to work there. We are a team! I'm so lucky to have this job. I'm also very blessed because I didn't have to go through the year program at DXATC like I was thinking about doing for a while, they do all the training on the job! I am full benefits eligible and will be able to get health, dental, and life insurance for Jake and I (and our future family!) all through Intermountain! It's a great company that I am so proud to work for. And can I just say that cleaning toilets for those three months was SOOOO worth it?? I am lucky!
 
Another awesome thing I got to experience was....let's hear it...drum roll please....THE JUSTIN BIEBER CONCERT!!!!! Yes, I have Bieber Fever and it is so contagious! My best friend Jordyn invited me and I said yes quicker than I could even ask Jake (good thing he loves me!) The concert was in Vegas and I was even more excited to hear that Carly Rae Jepsen was opening for him! It was on September 30 at the MGM hotel. I will just say right now, it was amazing. We were screaming just as loud as all the 13 year old girls next to us and I had a sore throat for days afterwards! He was so good live, even I was impressed! He has such talent and it's incredible to watch him on stage and the way he interacts with the thousands of people in the croud. BEST.NIGHT.EVER.
 


 
 
I am so beyond lucky to have a friend like Jordyn. Not just because she takes me to Justin Bieber concerts and stuff, but because she is so loyal and loving. She is always there for me no matter what and accepts me truly for who I am. She is such a sweet soul and I have so much fun with her. I can confide in her completely and know that she will do nothing but respect me and care for me. I might not always show it as often as I should, but I really am so grateful for her and for the example and friend she is to me!
 
 
 
Another new thing going on is that Jake and I have made a tradition. We've been married for almost seven months now (can you believe that?!?) And we have tried to do a date night once a month or so. Lately we decided we would make that every Friday night. We work so much and so hard with school and work that we really don't get to see eachother much during the week, so the weekends are pretty much the only time we have together. Fridays are our night. We make it ritual to do something fun whether it be dinner and a movie, fiesta fun and fast food, whatever it is usually depends on our paychecks haha. I just love him so much and am lucky to have a sweet husband like Jake.
 
 
The final thing I love about Fall (and Spring too, if we're gonna get technical) is the Semi-Annual General Conference on the first weekend of October! This morning was the very first session and we woke up early to make sure we could enjoy it. I woke up to Jake in the kitchen unloading the groceries he got at Harmon's while I was snoozing. I'm talking the whole nine yards; bacon, sausage, juice, fruit, yummy bread for french toast and a rose for me! Then we got to watch the first session. We are so very lucky to have a living Prophet and Apostles to guide us in these days. I am grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I know my Heavenly Father loves all of his children and chooses these messengers to help us return to live with Him again. I know Thomas S. Monson is a true Prophet and that we will be blessed if we listen to his counsel. Every day I am reminded of the Savior's love for me.
 
 



 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment