Tuesday, August 21, 2012

hungry for an update?

HEY GUYS! Turns out I am the worst blogger alive....mostly becuase we don't have the internet in our new place yet. Which brings me to our first subject of this update...WE HAVE OUR OWN PLACE! Remember how I was super excited that we were thinking about moving up to Leeds to live for free? (insert dramatic response from family here..) Well after much prayer and consideration it turns out, that was NOT the best choice for us. So we skipped out on it. One day I was looking online for places to rent in St. George and one of the first ones I came across was a cute, spacious, two bedroom apartment right by the college, Swig, the hospital, AND Dixie Fireplaces. Perfection? We thought so too. So we went and looked at it, fell in love, and within 16 hours we were putting down the deposit. It all happened so fast that we didn't even have enough time to talk about all the details, it just felt so right and we went with it. On July 1, we moved in! (Well, Jake moved in because I was working a 15 hour day at both my jobs and wasn't even there to help..) I came home from work that day and my sweet husband and moved everything in by himself, with the help of his awesome cousin Rhett. (S/O to Rhett! Thanks for all your help!) and we were the happiest we'd been since, well since our wedding day and honeymoon! We felt so blessed and happy that we couldn't even believe we had gotten such a great place. We are so in love! I know I should be posting pictures right now but of course I don't have my camera with me at the school library! Yes, I only get internet at the school library. Welcome to the student life. We are planning on getting WiFi in our place ASAP. IT IS SO CUTE!! Can I just tell you all how in love with our home I am?? Two bedrooms with enough room to spare, our master bedroom has a MASTER BATHROOM WITH TWO SINKS!! And a walk in closet. Are you dying yet? We have our own washer and dryer, a big living room and kitchen and the guest bedroom closet has so much room I can even fit all my extra clothes that won't fit in our closet. I'm a diva and loving it. I am so in love with our home and even more in love with my husband that I get to share it with! We have had plenty of trials in the short five months we've been married, (can you believe it's been five months!?) and like I always say, there is no way we could get through it all without the Lord's help. It's been a crazy adventure and I've grown so much since we got married. I've learned so many things and I even look back on the Marina from a few months ago and laugh at how much I've changed. I am so grateful for all of it.
Some more things that have changed:
I got a new job at the hospital working in Pediatrics, and I LOVE IT. Jake quit Red Rock Canyon School and is now working full-time at Dixie Fireplaces. School just started yesterday and we can't even believe another semester is here already. Am I really a sophomore in college? We are celebrating our six month anniversary here in like two weeks and I can't wait to see how we celebrate. Time goes by so fast! I'm not really 'officially' working at Swig anymore, just when they need me, and it makes me a little bit sad. I love that job. As stressful as it is believe it or not, I love the fun atmosphere there and am going to miss it so much. And the sugar cookies. dont judge. I thought I'd take a second to tell you guys (the few of you who read my blog...hi Mom) some things I've learned to make life a little bit easier.
  • Don't take things too seriously. I've been known to do that in my life and by taking things a little less serious, I've benefitted big time. What is making you rip your hair out right now, won't even matter next week. The crappy job you are having to work right now is going to pay off and then you won't even remember doing it.
  • Sometimes you have to do things you hate in order to do something you love. I've been having to do a lot of that lately. Working 60 hour weeks, never seeing my husband, cleaning toilets (yeah, I did that for a few months..) It's all going to pay off and getting that experience is going to get you closer to doing what you love.
  • GO TO SCHOOL. Last semester you couldn't have paid me enough to say that. SUU ripped me a new one and I hated every second of it. But over the summer and coming back to Dixie has made me realize how important education is. You can't really go anywhere without it, unless you magically fall into an awesome career and it's not necessary. Yes, I know a few people like that, and if you are one of them you are awesome! However, even if you got a great job and feel like you don't need school, try it out anyways. The college atmosphere at Dixie State is so much fun and it's motivating to do the work. It helps you feel accomplished, even if its just one or two online classes. I work full time so I can't take the school load I want, but I'm still doing my best and it feels great. (12 credits, go me!)
  • Remember all the horrible things that one girl did to you and you can't help but think about her and be super angry? Get over it. Yeah seriously. I know one (or a few) of those girls who LOVE to have drama and make people miserable. Yes, they are awful, but by sitting around being bitter and saying mean things about them puts you closer to their level. Let's all make an effort to be positive, loving, and even try to do that one big F word. Forgive. Be happy!
  • Make friends. I'll admit, getting married made me a little antisocial for a while. Until I realized that we were almost falling into that monotonous lifestyle where you wake up, work, eat, go to sleep. And everyone's lives were going on too and you were missing out on most of it. Make time to call that friend you haven't seen in a while, stop by your friend's work for a second if you're in the area and say hi. I know it's hard, trust me, but it's worth it. Let's make time for friendships and maybe even go the extra mile to let someone know you are thinking about them. We all need a social life!
I could probably think of more things to write, but I'm starving. I'm in the school library and my stomach is grumbling like you wouldn't believe. People are starting to stare.

I'll make a super effort to post pictures of our new place ASAP! I promise :) love you all!

-Marina Goodrich

p.s Since my blog posts are always ugly and boring...does anybody wanna help me make them cute? thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! You make me wanna update my blog too! I can help you with "making it cute" if you want, it's easy as pie for me :) AND we wanna come see your new place. Carson always talks about wanting to be best buds with you guys.. so.. we should make it happen! I miss you guys and I feel a void not taking photos of you..

    ReplyDelete